When I use the term, Home Churched, it is used to bring focus to the concept that serving God begins at home and is lived out everyday in all sincerity. Notice that when Jesus met this Samaritan woman at the well, she was concerned as to where to worship but take notice that Jesus did not focus on the location but rather the condition of the heart, as Jesus told her, "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." Some may attend church and are seriously serving the Lord but I also want to bring focus that one does not have to go to a corporate church to be a servant of the Lord. Going to church is not going to save anyone, only having a divine close relationship with the Lord.
John 4:20. Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship." 21 Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
The bible also tell us to not forsaken the assembling together but that assembly does not have to be all that large. Consider these words of Jesus. Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
Today, churches are changing, they are growing larger and larger and yet our nation is falling further and further away from the precepts of God. So those that truly want to stand with God must get back the the very basics of what the early apostles had delivered to the early churches. And by the way, I'm not suggesting that anyone should drop out of their corporate church nor am I suggesting to those that do not go to church, should do so. What I am suggesting is that if you do not realize a close relationship with the Lord, you need to find that before you take your last breath. That day is coming and all will be either known by the Lord or not.
Matthew 7:21. "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. (Ephesians 5:17. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.) 22. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in our name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23. And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' Just food for thought: How can anyone claim to know the Lord unless they've recognized His presence in their everyday lives?
Now lets consider the message that was given to the early church in 2 Timothy 2
2 Timothy 2:1. You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. The foundational message of the cross of Christ Jesus is the message of Godís grace and all that is included within that grace which goes way beyond forgiveness but also includes our reconciliation, today, within the fullness of God.
Romans 5:8. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. 12. Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned Also, because of this grace, those that are in Christ have a ministry of manifesting Godís grace through their daily lives. This is something we take by faith. There are no bells and whistles that go off when we accept Christ but as each day begins with darkness, light will soon follow. Same in Christ, the longer we live in Christ, the brighter each day. (2 Peter 1:19)
2 Timothy 2:2. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. Consider the dept of this verse, Commit this message to other men that are faithful to God who will be able to teach this message without adding to Scripture.
3. You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. We must realize the when we commit our lives to the true service of God that we are going to be in a spiritual warfare and yet we must endure.
4. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. One must recognize their allegiance, are they committed to pleasing men or serving God. Key word here is "entangles". In other words, in this life we have responsibilities, but those responsibilities are not to choke out our commitment to God and our spiritual responsibilities to those around us!
5. And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. God has rules for those in His service and Paul has just pointed to some of the rules at are to be followed.
6. The hard-working farmer must be first to partake of the crops. For those that teach the things of God must also live from the things that he teaches. In other words, we can preach endurance but when we are in our time of trial, when need be, then we also need to draw from the strength that is in Christ for our victorious walk.
7. Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things. The Apostle Paul was showing his credentials by saying, consider what I say but if you are sincere and go to the Lord, He will give you the understanding in all things.
8. Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel, 9. for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained. This is a powerful verse for it says a lot. The apostle Paul was reminding who Jesus was, and that He was raised from the dead, this proclaiming everlasting life from death to life. He was living in a time that there was a cost to identify with this Jesus, which was chains to him and for us today, can be our fellowship with others. Paul was viewed as being evil for siding with Jesus over the religions of that day, but the main thing here is that this gospel that Paul preached, was the resource of the revelations that God had given him and this resource, the Holy Spirit can not be chained, praise God, praise God, praise God! No matter the suffering, the divine Holy Spirit of God is not under the control of others. God will remain faithful to be present, there for you, no matter what, because the word that God gives us, especially in our times of need, is not susceptible to the evils of man but through the grace of God, He remains!
10. Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. For the sake of others, that others may obtain the salvation that is in the anointing of Christ with eternal glory, what a verse! The Glory that Jesus was given, He gave us in John 17: 22. "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: The eternal Glory of God the Father, His Son, and us, are united by Godís divine Holy Spirit.
11. This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him. Jesus said Himself that He did not come to be served but to serve. This is our dying to self with Him. When we turn our focus from our selfish desire, and join Jesus in our service to others, then we are living with Him today. This is not something that we dread to do but something we want to do because of the love of God that is placed in the hearts of those that are in His service..
12. If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. In this world, we are going to deny one or the other. Either we die to self and proclaim the life of Christ or we deny Christ and live our own lives. If we do the later, itís not likely we will reign with Him in eternity because the heart being evil, seeking the desires of self as Lucifer did that removed his residence from the presence of God.
13. If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself. Lacking faith is not the result of God but man. Jesus is faithful and those in Christ can be very confident in placing all their trust in Him, the Way, the Truth, and Live.
14. Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. Sometimes there are things that are argued that have little to do with the deep things of the Lord, and when these strife's are witnessed by others, it can draw them away from seeking the fellowship of those living in Christ.
15. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. A true man of God seeks the righteousness of God and is not concerned with the approval of man. And there is no shame in recognizing and proclaiming truth because truth and righteousness go hand in hand. One can not have one without the other.
16. But shun profane and vain babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. 17. And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, 18. who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. Paul exposed these false teachings and moved on. There is no point to debate them for this only leads to anger and all the other things that are found in ungodliness. For those that are truly interested in finding truth, they need to go to source of truth, God's Holy Spirit.
19. Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His,'' and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.'' Those that are in Christ, will recognize the presence of the Lord and they will also be disciplined, obedient to the word of God that is found in the hearts of those that are His.
20. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. The choice of being a vessel for honor is given to each of us. If our hearts are focused on truth and weíre obedient to the righteousness of God that is revealed by Godís Holy Spirit, then we are sanctified in Christ, useful to our divine Master, prepared for every good work.
22. Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Seek the fellowship of those with a pure heart.
23. But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. Discussion with those of a pure heart is good but debating is not. We must avoid situations that generate strife.
24. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25. in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26. and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. This is a wide open ministry. Actually as it is written, includes verse 22. Our ministry before God is to seek fellowship with the truth seekers, gently expose the error of those that are not in Christ, hoping to gain footing and redirecting them out of the snare of the devil. Patience, love and humility are very important here. To do this, we must, at some level, get in evolved in their lives.
This is why I speak of Home Church. The message of 2 Timothy can not be lived out in a Sunday Morning Service. This is a everyday kind of ministry, where each of us is involved, in the Spirit of love, in the lives of others. We need each other, everyday, we need the fellowship of those that are in Christ. Find those in Christ and seek their fellowship. Share Christ with others so they can seek your fellowship. But above all things, the center of this fellowship is always to bring praise and glory to God the Father and His Son Jesus our Lord and Savior. 1 John 1: 3. that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.